Simple Laundry Room Tips
WASHING IN 5 EASY STEPS
- Grab what you need: Clothes, Detergent, softener (optional)
- Separate Colors: Make separate loads, (Whites or Color) Avoid white bleach on colored clothes. For Reds> Dark pink or Red only
- Detergent first: Detergent goes into the bottom of the washer machine and then place clothes on top.
- Choose Cycle: For Whites> Delicate cycle with Hot or Warm wash. For Colors> Normal Cycle with Cold wash.
- Start the Washer: Important to Close the washer lid! Also set up a timing to make sure you get your clothing after wash.
DRYING DRYING TIPS
- Sorting Clothes: Clothes washed together can be placed into the dryer.
- Don’t Overload dryer: Clothing will remain wet or it could take longer to dry. Clothes need to have room to jolt.
- Clean the Lint filter: Clean and Wipe the lint filter to improve airflow.
- Anti-static sheet: Use this to avoid static on your clothing.
- Select Dry Cycle: Put in your delicate clothes from the washer on low cycle and regular clothes on medium-high cycle.
- It’s simple! Be timely in removing clothes from machines.
- Keep the laundry room neat and tidy
- Clean up all spills and messes.
- Empty the lint tray when done using the dryer.
- Be respectful of other people’s clothing.
- Leave clothes in the machine after cycle has finished.
- Overload washer or dryer with clothing.
- Use too much detergent.
- Leave clothes and laundry baskets in the way of others.
- Leave spills for other to clean.
- DO NOT WASH OR DRY: bedspreads, rugs, mattress covers, comforters, wool, rubber or plastic
TO AVOID LAUNDRY ROOM FLOODING, PLEASE START MACHINES 5 MINUTES APART.
ECO FRIENDLY LAUNDRY TIPS
- Follow clothing manufacturer label recommendation.
- Exclusive use of Hot water for white clothing.
- Exclusive use of Cold water for Colored clothing.
- Most detergent container bottles are recyclable.
- You can look for a local plastic manufacturing company that accept No. 3 plastics.
- Using Eco-friendly detergent brands will keep your clothes fresh and clean, without the use of brighteners, dyes, animal ingredients or fragrances.
- Use vegetable or plant derived brands
- Do not use animal fat or oiled brands
- Use natural fiber sheets that prevent static bond.